Monday, May 6, 2013

Fashion Film


I love love love this short film, or rather commercial, whereby Mean Girls actress Lizzy Caplan mocks hipsters while wearing the clothes she is essentially selling to them in this Viva Vena ad. How I only discovered this now, when it was released back in February, I have no idea?! But I am just glad I watched it now :)

And in case you didn't know, according to Urban Dictionary "Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter."

In my opinion, this commercial is brilliant! It is probably the best satirical ad I have ever seen. And I absolutely love how she playfully mocks our generations bohemian culture. Love it! What do you think? Over the top or fantastic? Please let me know what you think of it :)

xx
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment