Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The ONE Hundred..items 1 - 2


So I have been browsing through my copy of �The One Hundred� and it�s been frustrating because I haven�t actually read for no.1 you know. It�s bits & bobs, which is ok, but really doesn�t help my goal to blog about the book & let you know what Nina Garcia�s top 100 items every stylish women should own are.



Well, you�ll be glad to know that I am finally getting a chance to go from no.1. I am going to go through items as in the book, alphabetically + numbered. Today I will take you through A, items 1-2. Here goes!!!



Every stylish woman must own the following items...

#1. A-Line Dress


In case you didn�t know, an A-line dress is a dress that is �narrower at the top, & flares out gently towards the bottom� . Yes, it totally resembles the letter A..duh that's where it gets its name from.

I totally agree with Nina on this one. Every woman should have an A-line dress. As Nina says, you�ll look good on your best days, and just as good on your worst days. We all have days where we don�t feel our best, and this is the dress that�ll lie to the world! And as Nina says, black is best! It�s classic and timeless. Wear your A-line all year round. In summer pair it up with sandals or a pair of pumps. And in Winter, you can wear knee high boots and tights. Sounds good, right?

Ok, so now that I�ve sold you on the A-Line Dress, guess what, I don�t own one. Yes its true. But I am definitely going out and getting one. I�ve always like them, but never actually purchased one. I will post some pics of me in my A-line when I find the right one for me.


I love Blake Lively in this Michael Kors A-Line.

#2. Animal Print

I love me some animal print. It�s always a nice addition to most looks. Adds alil fun to everything - in my opinion lol. According to Nina, an animal print accessory is an opportunity to be daring, but a full on leopard print dress says Im a force to be reckoned with. Agree? I do. Wearing an accessory is a little wild, but wearing a dress or even a jacket is a whole different ball game. Its more daring, dangerous, sexy even. But just remember to keep it simple. The last thing you want to do is wear leopard from head-to-toe. Not cool. Pair your print with neutrals like black, white, camel, khaki etc. You�ll look chic and absolutely fabulous!!

Ok so we know I love animal prints. So you must know that I own multiple animal print items. I have everything: a dress, a skirt, a clutch, a scarf, shoes etc. But don�t worry, I never wear them together.



Be on the look out for my next post on items every stylish woman should own.
Hope you have enjoyed the first installment.

Kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment