Friday, September 7, 2012

Spring Summer 2012 Hair Trends


I am excited to share with you my favourite hair trends for Spring/Summer 2012 - for one - the ponytail is back. But did it ever actually go out of fashion? As versatile as ever, the ponytail was worn low & flat at Reed Krakoff and Ports 1961; as opposed to the Marc by Marc Jacobs runway where we saw the pony tucked under and sectioned off; & who can forget the damp, slicked pony at  Diesel Black Gold and Donna Karan. Personally, I don't wear my hair in a ponytail much but I'm certainly keen to update my look by trying something different. Rather than save your pony for in between washes - why not make your pony a fashion statement?!






Glistening hair has got to be the most interesting hair trend for me - I don't necessarily see myself wearing my hair in this supposedly "low maintenance" hairstyle, but I could try it one day when I'm bored. Hairstylist Guido championed the trend at numerous shows, saturating strands with argan oil to arrive at a glossy finish all over or just at the roots. And well, I just love the idea of wearing my bright lipstick with it. What do you think?







The beach wave has gotten an update this season - a loose, louche curve in the hair that had models on the catwalk simply oozing effortless cool! And it looks absolutely easy to do. The street-ready style only requires a rough blow dry, subtle curl with the iron, and raking through with the hands to create the right amount of undone-ness.






I have kind of tried this next trend. But couldn't resist attempting to use green chalk on my black hair! A-List celebs have tried this look & I'm sure we've all seen the magazine spreads featuring this candy coloured hair. The Dip Dye hair trend is bold & daring - & I love it!!!

 
What hair trend are you keen to try?

 
I'm  going to attempt these hair trends and post some video tutorials.
Watch this space!


PS. Don't forget to comment below & follow using these links -  it's super important so please do it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment