Sunday, April 22, 2012

Memoirs of a Geisha

The heart dies a slow death. Shedding each hope like leaves, until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.



Today I watched one of my all time favourite movies, The Memoirs of a Geisha. No, I have not read the book, and yes, I hear it is better, but I still love this movie for so many reasons. I find it so inspirational in the sense that someone so young can dream a dream so big, and aspire to live a life that in her time was a fairytale. For me, this movie is a clear example that we directly influence our destiny by the choices that we make. But our course may also be drastically altered by outside forces. A life can be moved in a new direction by a person, a word, a thought, or a deed. Some of these occurrences are very profound and sobering but most of them are trivial and ephemeral. Like a pebble thrown into a pond, a small thing sends out many ripples.



The Memoirs of a Geisha is a movie that overflows with many magical moments, but the most magical moment, comes when a little girl meets a man whose kindness proves to be life transforming. For this little girl, this act comes at a time when she is feeling lonely, hopeless, and helpless. The man's unexpected care becomes a gift of hope and new direction.

So, as inspired as I am feeling in this moment, I would like to share with you some beautiful Kimono inspired bridal couture by Culture Bridal Couture.










Have a beautiful Sunday.
Kisses*
Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment