Sunday, December 18, 2011

Style Diary: Geek CHIC



Rocking that fuchsia pouty mouth lol

Ok so " Geek Chic " has been around for a while now, and yes I may be a late adopter. But better late than never right?! I've always been one to keep up to date with the latest trends, but I rarely actually follow them; well, in the sense that I wear what I want, when I want. I still wear pieces that were purchased a few years back. If it still fits, and looks good -  why not :)

I recently came across a post by a fellow blogger who doesn't seem to see the point in this trend. This is what he seemed to think about the whole situation: " Ugh� stupid bloggers, wearing stupid glasses, looking like fucking rapists� I think that short-sighted people all over the world should be mad at those who wear glasses just to look �cool�. " Well, that's a strong opinion. I find it quite hectic that this blogger would say that wearing a pair of nerdy glasses makes you look like a rapist. That's one of the craziest things I've heard. Can't say I agree with this opinion, but I must admit, at first I too wasn't at all keen to even try it, but with this whole personal style journey I've been on, I've tried things even when I felt like a total fool. I decided that I'm gonna be confident and just go for it. So, I took the 1st step by purchasing a pair of glasses online. I added a striped slouchy shirt, bright pink lips & that geek attitude and I was set. I rocked it!




How cute is this shirt?! Another great online purchase*

Who cares if you don't need the glasses! Try it anyway. You might just surprise yourself, and others :)




 ***Kisses***

No comments:

Post a Comment