Thursday, March 24, 2011

Doll Me Up Photoshoot

I absolutely love working on photo shoots, especially concept shoots. This shoot in particular was even more fun because I got to work with 5 lovely models, a fabulous make-up artist, and an awesome photographer :)
The make-up was done by KissNMakeup and photography by Lee Folkard Photography, and styling of course by me :)


The concept for the Doll Me Up photoshoot was to have the girls look like dolls, or rather Barbies ( And you know I'm a fan of Barbie ). And so, this had to be illustrated through clothing, make-up and poses. And as usual, there was a twist in the form of an evil, Gothic doll. This was fun to work into the shoot.

 

When I thought of what the models should be wearing, I immediately saw tutus in my head. Simple, but fun & youthful. I accessorised with colourful plastic jewellery, tiaras and wands. The Gothic doll also wore a tutu, excpet hers was black rather than a pastel colour. The black tutu was paired with a bustier rather than a white vest. The look was accessorised with lots of rings and a rosary.



For the second look, I thought of something a lot more casual, much like the Barbie Basics Collection 002. You cant go wrong with jeans and a white vest.

The other looks were swimwear and a formal / smart-casual look.

Here is a behind-the-scenes video:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment